9.02.2008

Is it possible?

Finals are coming, and it seems like I am going to be crying and burning midnight oil at the same time. For people who know me, they know how 'kiasu' ( afraid to lose ) I am, and I definitely take my exams and stuff seriously, especially if it is going to cost my scholarship. T_T

This morning, or more like afternoon, I went to check my assignment and midterm marks, and I thought they were fine until I got home to count. So... Let me write down some mathematics equation here.

Hmm...
Coursework = 85
Coursework takes up 40% of the whole 100%, therefore, how much when we convert 85 to 40%?

EQ:
85/100 X 40 = 34
So, I get 34/40. So, to get an A, means 4.0 GPA for that subject, I need to obtain 80% overall. So, how much more do I need to score in my finals in order to get at least 80%?

EQ:
80 - 34 = 46
EQ:
Let's set the marks during finals that I need to score as 'y'. The finals take up 60% of course.
y/100 X 60 = 46
y= 76.6666666
= 77%!!!!!
Waliao weh... That is almost impossible to me!!

The other one is also the same, just that the coursework marks are 80/100 only. So, let's count that one. ( Coursework takes 40% and finals take 60%, variable for finals will be 'z' )

EQ:
80/100 x 40 = 32
The marks I want ( 80 ) subtract the marks I already gained.
80-32= 48
The marks I need to get for finals in order to gain an A, which is a GPA of 4.0 for that subject only.
z/100 x 60 = 48
z= 80%!!!
I give up..... It is almost impossible... Aihz...

I'm really going to cry my tears away now... Sobs.....

This serves 2 points here. One, is to teach you mathematics, and primarily is to tell you, I WANNA CRY.....!!! ( If I did my maths right.... ??? )

3 comments:

Lawrence said...

Hmm.. maybe its possible u can get such high marks leh? who knows?

Btw, u got quite high marks for your assignments.. "A" grade! Nah.. wish u well for ur finals.. im already suffering now..

btw, is it science course that u r taking? just curious..

Anonymous said...

lol....impossible is better than no chance to attempt at all...i believe u'll surely made it de...good luck!

Anonymous said...

haha, you can wan la... I've seen your "chiong sai notes"..Mushroom you !...BTW, Jean,haha...don't "touch my body" okay? hahaha... TC