12.06.2009

Rain

It's raining again.

Listen to the raindrops beating upon the rooftops, see the people on the streets running to get shelter across the streets, see the umbrellas of different colors open up like flowers blooming on fields of tar, look at the raindrops falling like drops of dew on leaves of trees, rain, though beautiful, it is still cold and lonely.

In every sad scene within any shows or music videos, rain is almost a must to create the somber atmosphere. They let the rain soak them wet and let their tears flow and the rain washes them away. Maybe that is why. Maybe that is the conditioning factor. Maybe that is why when the rain comes, loneliness gets a hold of me.

That's why when it rains, I often wishes that I am asleep, because I do not like the feeling, and I do not want to entertain it at all. But when I can't, I know that I will just have to wait for the rain to be over and hopefully the rays of the sun that comes after it will be able to brighten me up.

Rain, it is always amazing how you can bring about such feelings and emotions.

************************************

When the sun is shining

I will stand right behind you
I will walk with you
When it starts to drizzle
I will come nearer to you
Ready to shelter you
When the rain pours
I will be right beside you
With an umbrella to shelter you
Until the sun shines again
In every season
I will be around for you
To shelter you
To comfort you

No comments: